History

Grady Segrest, M.D., opened Diagnostic & Medical Clinic in 1949. The original clinic was located on Government Street near the Oakleigh Garden District. As the practice grew, John Moss, M.D.; Henry Gewin, M.D. and Bill Atkinson joined Dr. Segrest. Later on, Dr. Segrest became the chief of medical staff at Mobile Infirmary, and in 1968, Martin Lester, M.D., opened his practice at Diagnostic & Medical Clinic. The clinic moved to the Mobile Infirmary campus in 1991, and as the senior partner of the group, Dr. Lester remains an integral part of the clinic's relationship with Mobile Infirmary. 

Providing quality healthcare to our community for 70 years, Diagnostic & Medical Clinic, an affiliate of Infirmary Health, includes more than 70 physicians, 14 specialties and eight convenient locations throughout Mobile and Baldwin counties.